Double Taxation in the News
Posted by Brian Garst on July 12, 2010
Here are some of the articles, op-eds and blogs recently mentioning double taxation issues:
- Radio host Herman Cain includes the death tax in a list of taxes “that are just plain unfair and punitive for no logical reason.”
- Jillian Bandes describes the “Tax Increases on the Horizon” at Townhall.com.
- LA Times’ Money & Company blogger Tom Petruno clears up some confusion for Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner with a reminder of what the current tax rates are for capital gains and dividends.
- CattleNetwork sounds the alarm over the impact the pending return of the death tax will have on agriculture.
- Martin Vaughan reports that Congressional Democrats are at odds with the White House over whether to allow the dividends tax to return to 39.6%.
- Kentucky Senate hopeful Dr. Rand Paul announces opposition to death tax.
- Laura Saunders and Mary Pilon write in the Wall Street Journal about the perverse incentives on matters of life and death created by the impending return of the death tax at the end of the year.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.