Double Taxation in the News
Posted by Brian Garst on August 2, 2010
Taxes have taken center stage of the never ended political circus. Here are some of the articles, op-eds and blogs recently mentioning double taxation issues:
- The Hill reports on a letter sent to the House and Senate, signed by over 450 organizations, urging Congress to maintain the 15 percent tax on capital gains and dividends.
- The Wall Street Journal notes a lack of political consensus on how to deal with the expiring tax rates.
- Rep. Todd Akin warns, in a Daily Caller opinion piece, about the economic damage from the planned tax increases. He notes that increases in capital gains and dividends taxes “will ensure that most investors either hold onto their assets or look overseas for better investment opportunities.”
- Candidate Robert Lowry blogs at RedCounty that the death tax needs to be permanently repealed as part of a larger plan to end tax and spend policies.
- NoDeathTax.org discusses Dr Fagan’s new study about the impact of the death tax on local communities.
- A straw poll of industry experts finds most predict the worst case scenario, where no action is taken on the death tax and it reverts to pre-cut levels.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.